[BUG?] Image doesn't ask for initials?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Aug 30 23:58:38 UTC 2001

I've seen a couple of submissions to the list recently which had no timestamps in the methods. (Although this has probably always been an occasional problem.)

I think a changeset which includes methods with missing timestamps/initials should be regarded as abnormal... these can get distributed and/or included in the base image, and then you've lost track of when the method was changed (and by who).

One way to partly address this would be to have a warning Confirm dialog appear if you try to file out a changeset which is missing timestamps or initials in any of the to-be-filed-out methods.  (It could even prompt for initials at that point and try to add them to the methods.  Although it's sometimes true that the person filing out might not have authored the offending methods.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com