[off-topic] Argentina

Dan Rozenfarb drozenfarb at mail.calipso.com.ar
Thu Aug 30 15:34:08 UTC 2001

Hi all,
Excuse me for this off topic email, but I felt I needed to write it.
I live in Argentina, a drying country.
We are going through one of the most deep crisis so far (including salary
education and science cuts).
As opposed to what many people believe, I don't feel is everyone else's
fault, but the lack of social cohesion and self defense.
I've been following the squeak list for quite a while (though not
participated much), just read McIntosh's CampSmalltalk report and I felt
emotionally moved.
I love Smalltalk, his pure object approach and his simplicity, but his
community is what is really priceless.  It keeps Smalltalk living, and me
happy for (at least at a microlevel) belonging to it.

Thanks to all of you.

I am feeling a bit more relieved right now.

Dan Rozenfarb