Release 3.1 or 3.2?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 3 13:46:02 UTC 2001

I disagree with your proposal, Bruce, because our desired audience
for Squeak goes well beyond this list.  I think it does work for us
to say "I'm up to changeset 4891" when describing your image's state,
but when you're helping someone who isn't quite clear what a
changeset is or how to find out how far they're updated, it's really
helpful for them to be able to tell you "I'm running Squeak 2.8."  In
terms of technical support and helping novices understand what's
happening, having regular releases is useful.

I like the idea of jumping straight to 3.2, as long as we feel that
it's been beaten upon enough.  I'll have some time to work on docs
for my class this break (I hope!), so it's good timing for me to jump
straight to 3.2.

Mark
Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu