[beginner] can't save books

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 04:47:31 UTC 2001

morphic wrote:

> I've tried from 98, XP, MacOS X, but I can't figure out how to save a book for zipping and for (others) reading in later. I understand that the "send all pages to server" menu item on a BookMorph should create .bo and .spn files, but I always get an "Error: Server name not found." I've tried many things, including examining the ServerDirectory class, but the answer eludes my newbieness. I was hoping that the squeak directory on my local disk would be the default location, but apparently it doesn't work that way. Can someone give me a recipe to make this thing go?

The way Garry describes works. (3.2, Linux) But the way you're trying --
which is the way documented in Mark Guzdial's book -- looks to be
broken: Send all pages to server, choose Use page numbers, and it's as
though (guessing here!) a dialogue in which you select the Url is
supposed to come up. It doesn't, just the debugger window.

It looks like a bug!

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211