Bootstrapping Squeak on WinCE

Bruce ONeel beoneel at bluewin.ch
Tue Dec 4 16:16:02 UTC 2001

Hi,
	My next stupid question before I buy a handheld.
How does one bootstrap squeak on WinCE if you don't
have ActiveSync available?  In my case I am thinking
of buying the CF sleeve and the CF modem.  If I do that
with the software that comes with WinCE will I be able
to download the VM and .image/.changes files and
run Squeak?  In my case I don't have a windows PC
so can't run active sync nor do I have a system with
pc-cards so I can't use that to transfer between my
iBook and the WinCE device.  Sorry if these seem like
silly questions but most of the docs assume that you
have a WinPC, or, in my case, that I speak German
intelligently, neither of which are true for me.

	Without knowing for sure, it looks like as long
as I put the unziped .exe file from Yoshiki Ohshima's
site on some ftp/http server (that's easy) and get
that, then get Kevin Fisher's TinySqueak image and
changes via ftp/http then it looks like it will work,
right?  It's possible to get files via ftp or http with
the built in web browser, right?

Thanks very much in advance!

cheers

bruce