An Ideal System Browser

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Dec 5 04:08:04 UTC 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Lex Spoon wrote:

[snip]
> > Yick.
> [...]
> > Blargh.
>
> Everyone says this.  But what *exactly* is wrong with it?

Er..well, since you cut all the context, I can't remember.

I really don't have *too* much experience to go by, but it's something
like this: If I'm collecting a bunch of things to throw in a book, I want
it easy to throw them in and I want the book to be small, so I can see my
desktop.

Hmm. Actually, I might be perfectly happy with a collapsed bookmorph with
the ability to drop stuff on a new page. Maybe have little drop sensitive
toggles?

I find bookmorphs a little hard to resize (you resize the *page* yes?) and
sometimes find them a bit, in my casual experiments, hard to control
(somtimes I'd like a fixed book size and variable page sizes, I think).

Does this help?

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.