the Jpeg plugin and all that.....

jmvuletich at uolsinectis.com.ar jmvuletich at uolsinectis.com.ar
Wed Dec 5 12:54:12 UTC 2001

 Hi all,

 It seems it's getting hard to build the Jpeg2Plugin for several people. If you want to build it for your platform, read on.

 latest version of the plugin. The JPEGReadWriter2Plugin class comment
 says:

 This work is a Squeak VM Plugin version of LibJPEG.

 The following sentence applies to this class:
   "This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group".

 You can read more about it at www.ijg.org

 In addition to the code generated from this class, the plugin uses the
 following files (from LibJPEG ver. 6b):

 Error.c
 jerror.c
 jcmarker.c
 ... several other files.c

 In order to compile the plugin you need to:

 0) File in the new change set
 1) Do JPEGReadWriter2Plugin writeSupportFiles
 2) Do JPEGReadWriter2Plugin translate
 3) Get all those C files from www.ijg.org
 4) Compile all that together into a dll, .so or shared library

 I don't think you need the full sources of the VM. That would only be needed to build an internal plugin. You need to write your make or configure file. Just include in it all those C files.

And please send me any hacks needed to compile and run, I'd like to include them.

 Regards,
 Juan Manuel Vuletich