Silence wanted (Silly newbie question)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Dec 7 20:19:01 UTC 2001

So I take it that other (non-Squeak) Linux applications also generally crash when trying to play sounds with a typical (non-NAS) sound driver setup?  (or whatever setup causes Squeak to crash)  Or is this just a Squeak thing?

I'm just wondering if there's any way that Squeak could at least fail silently rather than crash in this situation.  It seems a bit ridiculous that it's this easy for a newbie to crash Squeak on Linux.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com