[ENH?] LocalKbdMenus

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Dec 7 19:57:41 UTC 2001

I love it!

BTW, note that you can use the $# and $* wild cards - "ESCs*erCR" will
isolate "save as new version"...

Two things - the current context menu seems much more useful than the
world menu - I'd love to have it pop up first. A hack is attached to do
exactly that, for text editors and lists.

Of course, the world menu can still be accessible with a second ESC, or
as a menu option on all menus - but the code doesn't do that.

Actually the second ESC sounds nice - ESC move you
work context -> context menu -> world menu -> back to work context

The other is not more specific than a feeling - the more... item,
suddenly feels much less useful, because you can narrow a selection
space pretty quickly using the keyboard. I think filtering and submenus
are pretty great together.

Daniel

from preamble:

"Change Set:		LocalKbdMenus
Date:			7 December 2001
Author:			Daniel Vainsencher

Small modification to call the list/text editor menus instead of the
World menus when ESC is pressed."!