[ENH] LocalKbdMenus (0.3) (was: Re: [updates] 20 for 3.2alpha)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Dec 8 08:45:41 UTC 2001

ESCing repeatedly in a list or text will now get the local menu, then
the world menu, then leave. Actually I think the application should be
able to specify some other progression of contexts to pass menu control
to. This would also be more elegant than my adding further conditionals
in MenuMorph>keyStroke:...

One problem is the menu seems to only know the application through
defaultTarget, which is optional...

Any ideas?

Enjoy.
Daniel

from preamble:

"Change Set:		LocalKbdMenus
Date:			7 December 2001
Author:			Daniel Vainsencher

Small modification to call the list/text editor menus instead of the
World menus when ESC is pressed.
Pressing the ESC again will bring up the world menu, and the next will
remove it.

Fixed - for text it now gets the real application dependent menu, not
the pasted copy known by ParagraphEditor - at least in Morphic.

Also adds page up/down as moving 5 items up/down in big menus. Probably
that's not what they should do, still experimenting."!