[updates] 20 for 3.2alpha

Nick Brown maillist at bredon-gill.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 8 13:28:36 UTC 2001

On Sat, 08 Dec 2001 02:38:10 -0800, Scott Wallace wrote:

>If anyone knows a reason why using the
>control-esc combination is a bad idea on some platform, please let me
>know right away so I can rescind this before it escapes captivity.
>
>   -- Scott

Scott,

Ctrl-esc is used on all windows 95/98/2k etc systems as an alternative
to the dedicated "Start Menu" key. Windows will always intercept this
key combination, and even if that could be prevented it would not
necessarily be a good idea - when running Squeak full screen I use the
start menu to gain access to the windows taskbar+system tray, and on a
machine with a pre-win 95 keyboard (such as the one I'm typing this
mail on) I need the ctrl-esc combination to get to the same effect.

Regards,

Nick Brown