jmv movies not in MPEGMoviePlayerMorph menu

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 12:34:53 UTC 2001

Thanks to everyone for help in trying to get the JPEGReadWriterPlugin
built: I finally pinched a pre-built, cross compiled version (built on
BSD!) from Douglas Brebner!

This works: I can convert a mpeg to a jmv using the code used by Steph:

JPEGMovieFile convertMPEGFileNamed: 'AlienSong.mpg' toJPEGMovieNamed:
'alien2.jmg' quality: 100

and I can play this by using the protocol in MPEGDisplayMorph:

myMPEGDisplayMorph:= MPEGDisplayMorph new openInWorld
myMPEGDisplayMorph openFileNamed: 'alien2.jmg'
myMPEGDisplayMorph startPlaying
myMPEGDisplayMorph stopPlaying
myMPEGDisplayMorph rewindMovie

(see, I'm not halucinating ;-)

If I open up a menu from MPEGPlayerMorph (the orange one) I get the jmv
file listed, but nothing happens until I hit the "play" arrow, whereupon
"no MPEG file!" in a dialogue box. (Mind you, if I try to open the
original mpeg, I get a walkback!)

If I open up a menu from MPEGMoviePlayerMorph (the blue one) I don't get
the MPEGMovie Player Morph listed.

(Note, both of the MPEG player morphs on my system use the "white with
blue borders" style menu --

MPEGDisplayMorph>
openMPEGFile
	"Invoked by the 'Open' button. Prompt for a file name and try to open
that file as an MPEG file."

	| result |
	result _ (FileList2 modalFileSelectorForSuffixes: #('mp3' 'mpg' 'mpeg'
'jmv')) .
	result ifNil: [^ self].
	self stopPlaying.
	self openFileNamed: (result fullName).)

I'm puzzled by this as Steph seems to be able to use
MPEGMoviePlayerMorph to open a jmv:

> For those that want to try I found that the player (MPEGMoviePlayerMorph new
> openInWorld) opens files with jmv and mpg

> So it works!!!!

But not for me. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211