[ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V2.6 (version 2.6 released)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 9 13:43:57 UTC 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 05:48:19AM +0000, John Hinsley wrote:
> I backed out of installing the earlier version when I got similar
> errors. What am I doing wrong here?
>
> The CommandShell stuff installs without hiccups.
>
> I rename the UnixOSProcessPlugin.so, restart Squeak and try filing it
> in.
>
> I get a dialogue box:
>
> System type is still used in code of class OSProcessor class. Is it OK
> to move it to undeclared?
>
> Being cautious (and not being sure what "it" really refers to) I answer
> "no" and get a walkback soon afterwards:
>
> This OSProcessAccessor is already defined in a subclass >> ClassBuilder
> (Object) error:

It's perfectly OK to leave your UnixOSProcessPlugin.so in place when you
load the new version of OSProcess. You can rebuild it if needed (although
I made no the Unix plugin in this release).

Remove all of the OSProcess classes, and also the UnixOSProcessPlugin
classes (four of them now) which are hidden in the VMConstruction-Plugins
category. Reload everything from the new change sets, and everything
should be fine. Well, almost everything; if you have any previously
opened CommandShell windows, you may find that they have gotten confused
by all of this surgury.

Sounds like something else I need to document...

Dave