jmv movies not in MPEGMoviePlayerMorph menu

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 16:52:04 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> The MMPM filters files by looking at the file extension.
> The extension for jpeg movies is jmv.
> Maybe as a tribute to the writer of the jpeg plugin,
> Juan Manuel Vuletich :-)

And indeed, tribute is due!

*But*

IIUIC doesn't MMPM (let's call it the blue one) check the file extension
against the list in MPEGDisplayMorph>>openMPEGFile? If jvm is in there,
shouldn't it both

a.show in the file dialogue
b.open

(Remember here that my blue one uses the same file dialogue as the
orange MPEGMovieMorph, and that this may not be true of everyone --
someone -- maybe yourself -- passed this on to me as a changeset when I
complained that the orange one was functionally inferior but had the
better file dialogue.)

If the blue one does not check against the
MPEGDisplayMorph>>openMPEGFile, where does it check against (so I can
teach it a lesson ;-)

Cheers

John.

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211