JPEG 2 Plug-in and Updating Squeak

John.Maloney at svjconnections.com John.Maloney at svjconnections.com
Sun Dec 9 16:54:18 UTC 2001

In a conversation betweeen Gary McGovern and Andreas Raab, the question of
back-porting JPEGReadWriter2 and the JPEG movie player came up.

Actually, it is possible to file out all the relevant classes (JPEGReadWriter2,
MPEGMoviePlayerMorph, MPEGDisplayMorph, StreamingMonoSound--I think
that's everything) from a fully-updated 3.2 image and file them into an older
image such as 2.8. There MPEGDisplayMorph>openMPEGFile will need to be
changed to use the older StandardFileMenu to select the file to be opened, and
there are two or three places that the Morph layout protocol has changed slightly,
but they are easy to fix. It took me only about 15 minutes to fix these problems,
and then it worked perfectly.

	-- John