[SqueakAudio] Multi-track recording

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Tue Dec 11 17:40:51 UTC 2001

Eddie,

> -My particular sound card, SB Live, seems to work at 48 khz and
downsamples
> for everything else. I'm not convinced it does this very well.

SBLive is notoriously poor for this application. Digital Audio Workstation
(DAW) 101 - get rid of SB Live. However, this card is an excellent value for
a synth/sampler. Use your SB Live as your synth. It's cheaper than buying a
dedicated one, and has nearly equivalent performance, especially in live
application. Plus there are a ton of samples available for it.

I didn't want to hold you back from getting a proper multi channel sound
card :-)

Jim

PS:

You can look here for a little more depth:

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/E8FC6F1272005BC0862568D70063
4565

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/E5F90F70241EFF6D862566B20024
C532