How to make the Squeak window larger than the screen in win32?

Nick Brown maillist at bredon-gill.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 23:23:42 UTC 2001

It looks like Doug is right. After further testing on a number of
machines, I've come to the conclusion that Windows won't allow any
window to be wider than the total screen width available, regardless
of the actual position of the window.

I had thought that at one time (before I got the dual-screen setup) I
had used JSPager to spread an application over several virtual screens
as you're trying to do, but now I'm wondering if it was just that the
application had a lot of floating tool windows, etc, which I had
dragged to a seperate screen.

Ah well.

Final thought: Stephen Pair suggested implementing a facility to make
the world bigger than the squeak window, and allow scrolling though
the world. As a quick hack, though, could we not just implement
something along the lines of JSPager within squeak which just pushed
the coordinates of all the world's contents around? Would this do what
you need? How much do we suppose this might break?

-Nick