Full garbage collection throughtout the system.

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Wed Dec 12 21:27:42 UTC 2001

Scott,

I don't think the GC in SampledInstrument sound loading is a problem, and
I like to know what's going on when loading many megabytes of samples. Most
people aren't using sampled instruments (that I know of), so this code isn't
likely to be run often. Please don't remove it.

With Andreas's cleanups, I think you'll find that full-GC's will rarely occur
except when specifically requested by the user or when actually needed. When
I check my "vm statistics" I seldom see more full GC's than I can account for,
and that's even before Andreas's changes.

	-- John