building the latest Mpeg plugin on Linux.......

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 22:09:41 UTC 2001

I thought I'd have a stab at this.

I'm building against Lex's 3.0 sources with John Mc's latest 1.2
sources. This is very much a bodgit and get it running enterprise: no
skillful editing of Makefiles, etc. (I simply don't have the skill!)

So far I've got a fair way simply by chmoding this and stuffing that
header into that directory, but make has finally come up with (for me) a
big issue:

In file included from ../src/Mpeg3Plugin/libmpeg/changesForSqueak.c:24:
../src/Mpeg3Plugin/libmpeg/changesForSqueak.h:1: `#include' expects
"FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
make: *** [libmpeg/changesForSqueak.lo] Error 1

now, changesForSqueak.h is a tiny little header, which runs:

#include "mpeg3private.h"
int mpeg3_generate_toc_for_Squeak(mpeg3_t *file, int timecode_search,
int print_streams, char *buffer, int buffer_size);
void * memoryAllocate(int number,unsigned size);
void memoryFree(void *stuff);

Any ideas?

Cheers

John (hopeless at C, worse at bash)
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211