Some InterpreterSimulator patches

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat Dec 15 10:10:21 UTC 2001

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> Anthony Hannan wrote:
> >
> > Attached are some patches to InterpreterSimulator that I've used.
>
> Thank you!
>
> > Some
> > are hacks to get external primitives that take arguments to work when
> > simulated.  They need to be fixed better that I have done here.
>
> But it works! If InterpreterPlugin is disabled... (otherwise the
> InterpreterSimulator is too slow).

I wanted to say: 'If LargeIntegersPlugin is disabled...', but disabling
InterpreterPlugins at all seems to work, too. The problem here was the
slowness of the doubled simulation of the LargeIntegersPlugin: in addition
to the simulation of the interpreter by the InterpreterSimulator in ST comes
the C code simulation of the LargeIntegersPlugin in ST (with two Compiler
calls (!)).

Attached is an incremental changeset which allows to selectively disable
each plugin while retaining the capability of simulating it by an
InterpreterProxy though.
And there are some more tweaks.

Greetings,

Stephan