back to memcpy eh?

David Chase chase at world.std.com
Sun Dec 16 15:40:28 UTC 2001

At 04:34 PM 12/14/2001 -0500, David N. Smith (IBM) wrote:
>John:
>
>That is one of the more disgusting bits of C code I've ever seen (short of
>the Obfuscated C contest). And it's legal!  Beautiful!

More to the point, it is irreducible and unstructured,
which means that the C compiler's optimizer may or may
not be somewhat inhibited while compiling that code,
depending upon how the compiler is written.

Just thought people ought to know that just because
it is compact, doesn't mean that it runs well.

David Chase