[beginner] can't save books

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 01:18:31 UTC 2001

Gary McGovern wrote:

> Hello John,
> You're right. It does work. But I made a book last week in one image, copied
> and pasted it to another Squeak and it wouldn't load. But having just tried
> a small simple book, that worked.
>
> In Squeak 2.7, the examples given in the book work perfectly well with URL
> on the hard disk. Haven't tried ftp.

Thanks Garry

at least that confirms my idea that it must have worked sometime!

My best guess is that URL changed in the upgrades and was never
maintained in BookMorph: I get the same walkback if I try to save to an
Url or to load a ppt slide (using the ones on Mark's book CD to play
with). Dammit!

These are both pretty complex methods and are not commented that much.
Ah well, maybe I'll have a crack at them in the New Year.

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211