UnCool Squeak Icons on OS-X...

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 19 00:04:28 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is widely believed to have written:

> I bet you can get good results with a bit of GIMP trickery ... See
> attached a 16x16 version. I don't think you would need to get any smaller,
> if so, some manual "pixeling" would be required.
I still aven't heard exactly how big a sprite is needed; I have 32x32,
48x48 & 64x64 versions on my squeak page already, but could do a 20x20
or whatever easily enough (although it gets really hard to make an
intelligable picture much below 32x32).

> Anyway, I'd like to see a common theme using Tim's logo:
>
> 1. The Object Engine (VM, plugins): Maybe a little computer?
Too detailed for small images; you might get away with a gear section,
maybe merged with ol'squeaky. Hey, how about a squeaky-borg?
> 2. The Objects (image, projects): Data for that computer?
squeaky in a window?
> 3. Squeak Source Code (sources, changes, changesets): A sheet of paper?
<rant>!! Source code is evil, wrong, illegal - uncle Steve Ballmer says
so, so it must be true.</rant>

Hmm, tricky one. Especially in small sizes.

tim

Strange OpCodes: SHUTDOWN: (See EFB)