Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 19 06:46:28 UTC 2001

At 01:06 AM 12/19/2001, you wrote:
>I guess one thing that would potentially simplify things a little would
>be if SF can create a zip file of the latest release bits. Then one
>would not need to sort out CVS.

Yes, this is what I had in mind.  It's the platforms tree I want to d/l in
one fell swoop.  I'm operating under the assumption that I won't be
directly posting code to the cvs tree, so the only reason I would need CVS
Client, is to get it the bits.  My changes will go through a vm harvester
(mmm...what do we call those folks? and would they accept my
code...).   You could even post the VMMaker changeset, and release that in
a nice zip, along with the platforms tree.

Since you have platforms under the squeak directory, you could put the
image/changes there as well.   Then everyone would just need their local
freebie development environment, for his/her platform, and bada-bing!

I am increasingly interested in looking at OSProcess for the make and
restart capability.  We're getting quite close to a one-click rebuild
*while your running*.   Oil change at 120 kph, Tim?  That's got to be
tricky with only 2 wheels on the road.

rob