[CFP] Squeak News December-January combined issue

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Thu Dec 20 12:46:40 UTC 2001

Deadline: 21th of January, 2002

The December-January combined issue is due to be published around the 25th
of January, 2002.

Theme: There is no general theme for the combined issue

With this issue we want to collect everything that is presentable in Squeak.
If you have any system you are working on it is worth submitting a detailed
description along with any source, sample screens and/or a running
prototype. If you think that there is a cool system that is worth porting to
Squeak together with with porting hints that would also make a good article.

Alan Kay suggested that we should have a "packed" issue that should have
among other things a "flagship demo" for Squeak. Since this is a double
issue I believe this issue is the right opportunity for putting together
such an issue. Anybody who would like to help us with this demo please
contact me in your earlier convenience. I will discuss parts of it and you
can help us with any part of it.

This is a good chance to become a Squeak News author therefore have a free
yearly subscription to Squeak News. We will publish pretty much anything
submitted provided the material is relevant to Squeak and has adequate
documentation
that will at least explain the contribution in clear terms.

We will also reprint some of the articles from the previous issues so if you
want to brush up an article this is the time. Holidays are a good
opportunity so let's make this a really good issue.

In addition if you can write an "active article" (must be comparable to the
Juggling article featured in the August 2001 issue which you can download
from http://www.squeaknews.com/download/index.html  i.e. live code, dynamic
illustrations, in a GeeMail) we will reward you with an "Active article
contributor" certificate, and if you agree to have your article available
only in the Squeak News e-zine exclusively for the first 60 days of
publishing we will also pay you US$150* at the end of these 60 days of
publishing of your article for each "active article" you have published in
Squeak News. Please contact me before you start as I will send you a
template and some requirements and explanations. This will be applicable to
future issues as well.

(*For full explanation please check
http://www.squeaknews.com/authors/index.html )

Tansel Ersavas