Can't install Squeak on RedHat 7.2

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 20:00:01 UTC 2001

Phuong Bui wrote:

> I upgraded my RedHat7-0 to RedHat7-2.  I tried to install Squeak3-0 but I got
> this error:
>
> "No binaries/libraries found for i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld".

How are you installing?

If from source, grab or untar a fresh copy (at the very least, delete
and re-make your build directory). You might find that Lex's
Squeak-3.1a-4164 is a better place to start (unless you desperately want
3.0):

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/

Do you have the (Linux) kernel sources installed? It'll never build if
not.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211