Sqcvs to the rescue! :-)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 21 00:55:11 UTC 2001

"Göran" Hultgren <gohu at rocketmail.com> is widely believed to have written:

> (CVSDiskTree
> 	home: (FileDirectory default fullPathFor: 'temp')
> 	server: 'cvs.squeak.sourceforge.net'
> 	root: '/cvsroot/squeak'
> 	user: 'anonymous'
> 	password: '')
> 		checkoutModule: 'squeak/platforms/unix'

This won't work _unless_ you have for some reason already initialized
the network stuff. Somewhere you need to add  'Socket initializeNetwork'
- see Socket timeTest etc for examples. This puzzled me mightily for
several minutes until I traced the resolver's stack!

However, once that is done (manually for now) it fetches the
entire platform tree in what seems to be about the same time as my linux
machine can fetch them 'natively'. Excellent!

tim

Know Thy User.