TextMorph code - help!

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Dec 21 03:27:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Gary McGovern wrote:

> Hello,

> When I code a TextMorph to openInWorld with ComicBold 24, it is always
> wrapped. What message is used so that it displays in a straight line.
> I can't find that message.

Personal guess...the default bounds are too small.

If dragging on a resize halo unwrapps the text, I'll take it as confirmed
:)

I don't remember the variety of sizing/bounding methods off hand. But you
may want to poke around the usual suspects (#setBounds:, #bounds:,
#fullBounds:, #extent:...I don't know if these are the actual methods, but
they are the sort of thing to look for).

OTOH, if you wan to have a cropped, unwrapped string (i.e, you don't want
to wrap to bounds) that's a different issue.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.