Sqcvs to the rescue! :-) (<CSOTD> included!)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Dec 21 07:40:41 UTC 2001

Hi guys!

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> "Göran" Hultgren <gohu at rocketmail.com> is widely believed to have written:
>
> > (CVSDiskTree
> > 	home: (FileDirectory default fullPathFor: 'temp')
> > 	server: 'cvs.squeak.sourceforge.net'
> > 	root: '/cvsroot/squeak'
> > 	user: 'anonymous'
> > 	password: '')
> > 		checkoutModule: 'squeak/platforms/unix'
>
> This won't work _unless_ you have for some reason already initialized
> the network stuff. Somewhere you need to add  'Socket initializeNetwork'

Darn, I thought I added that in the method comment (but perhaps not in
the email).
I will insert it in some proper place.
Sorry for the inconvenience...
(Hmm, that reminded me of the late Mr Adams, bless his soul.)

> - see Socket timeTest etc for examples. This puzzled me mightily for
> several minutes until I traced the resolver's stack!
>
> However, once that is done (manually for now) it fetches the
> entire platform tree in what seems to be about the same time as my linux
> machine can fetch them 'natively'. Excellent!

Ah, I love those words of someone else using my code and it works! :-)
Btw - I will fix the line end conversion stuff - meybe even today.

And regarding performance - then we haven't even enabled gzip yet in the
protocol! :-)

regards, Göran

PS. Yessss, tickets for second row exactly in the middle tonight at the
largest cinema in Stockholm.
And don't ask "Which movie?" :-) DS

<CSOTD>
"Hmmm, this nag feature I dropped into Celeste was perhaps a not so good
idea... :-)
Perhaps we should study this list of classes a little bit."
Smalltalk unusedClasses
</CSOTD>

PSS. I actually did some Squeak chatting the other day using the IRC
client in Squeak. It worked but there where only
one active person on the Squeak channel... DSS