An Idea: A bit more support

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Dec 21 08:27:41 UTC 2001

Hi

I was wondering (may be in the same way as the Squeaks news) that it would
be good to have a CD release every six months or yearly of Squeak containing
the stable versions well organized and self contained (meaning including the
source in the zip) so that normal people do not have to look around to find
squeakV3.sources....
plus the actual code, goodies.... in synch with the version.

It would be easier for some people to just pay for having a complete CD than
to download stuff over the web. I'm thinking about teachers in particular.
The SqueakLand site is good for people connected.

Then as a university we could buy this cd to support Squeak community.

Tell me what you think.

Stef

PS: this makes me wondering the status of the squeak foundation.
Any information?