Die wish (Was: owner of squeak)

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Dec 21 08:39:54 UTC 2001

Alan Kay comments Duane Maxwell :

> I wish we could get certain objects in Squeak to die ....

> At 4:16 PM -0800 12/19/01, Duane Maxwell wrote:

> > I mean, think about it - objects in Squeak almost exclusively die of
> > neglect, and their carcasses are "collected" and consumed by the next
> > generation (yeah, I know that's also true of Java...).  Anyone want to put
> > crossbones on the logo?

Hm.
What's wrong with

condemned become: cadaver

with a not too persistent set of cadavers around?

OK, OK, I am not entirely serious.
Anyway, as we know, this thread started with an utterly mad posting about
a way to penalize Smalltalk by some "Pro-Life" sect.

Imagine now with what *horror* I discovered that the HTTPLoader class has
a method called "abort"! Now, for sure, we all go to Hell.

So, before it happens, I wish Merry Christmas to all of you.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France