[ENH] CelesteAddressBook

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Dec 21 17:34:33 UTC 2001

Giorgi,

I tried to file this in and failed. My first two problems -
The first two lines in the file in open the address book and it's help -
but those aren't yet filed in!
After fixing that, and adding a $! to start the filein correctly, it
loaded just fine.

Looks very nice, and it could be quite useful to have an address list
that's automatically compiled. It would be VERY cool if it could
recognize variants on the same contact (Same name, various email
addresses and same address, various names) and let the user deal with
them as a unit (join those, use that name, use that address, find the
contact by any of them).

Also, I don't know about you, but I have many, many addresses, many of
people that simply got the same spam as me (%#$!@!!!). Some means for
filtering or prioritizing them would be great. People I have mailed or
who have mailed me, then people on my common lists, then others, or
maybe sorted by the count of times found, or something along those lines
would also be great. It seems you already have each contacts frequency,
maybe you were thinking along the same lines?

This looks like the start of something pretty cool...

Daniel