subclassing Metaclass

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Dec 22 10:14:33 UTC 2001

Is there any generally accepted technique for subclassing Metaclass?  Or
rather, for getting a particular class to use a particular subclass of
Metaclass instead of Metaclass itself?  What I'm trying to do is trap
addSelector:withMethod: on Metaclass so that I'm notified of changes to
class-side methods - I can just add it to Metaclass for now
but obviously it would be preferable to localize it to a subclass.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...
avi