Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Dec 23 06:43:47 UTC 2001

>On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 01:14:47PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
>>  >-> Now have a look at the files and resources that are listed in the
>>  >    left pane: de-select all red-coded ones (they are not there).
>>
>>  So which ones are missing?
>>
>The resources are not there (resources.sit is corrupted). Then I did not
>file in the changesets for UUID-Plugin and InternetConfig. But I found
>those and now the only source file missing is "sqGnu.h".

Ah if you startup stuffit expander and select the resource.sit. Does
it complain it's corrupt? Maybe I need to make it as binhex to make
cvs happy.

At 12:06 AM +0100 12/23/01, Marcus Denker wrote:
>The real problem is that you need to customize the project (add some files,
>remove some files) if you don't build the exact same modules as John. This
>is annoying. I'd like to just type "make" or push some button. But there
>seems to be no possiblility to use a script to build the "Makefile" used
>by the Projectbuilder. That's bad.

Mmm if you look inside the SqueakVMForCarbon.pbproj folder/bundle
you'll see a project.pbxproj file. That is an text file. Now it has
fun stuff like

08773EF700C6A1C4C0A80109 = {
	isa = PBXFileReference;
	path = sqMacWindow.c;
	refType = 4;
};

Then of course the key for the file is used in a few other places.

Bet once could autogenerate the file with a little Squeak Code.
Mmm I was hoping that key was a UUID but a quick check shows a current UUID
is
squeak -> an UUID('f7d9637b-f76e-11d5-bd5b-00306540a296') or

[otter:~] johnmci% uuidgen
58674EBA-F76F-11D5-AC9E-00306540A296

Ya, my airport card has 003065110e6b as the address so neither match
the ending. But I'm wondering how magical that number needs to be.
Maybe there is a doc somewhere...