[BUG]EToySystem class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Dec 24 01:53:11 UTC 2001

squeakmorph at yahoo.com wrote:

> I got the Windows Squeak3.2a-4599.zip release from
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.2alpha/.  When I attempted
> to execute "EToySystem eToyVersion: 'Squeak3.2alpha' date: Date today."
> to get into the test pilot update stream, I got "MessageNotUnderstood:
> eToyVersion:date:" and am blocked from getting the new updates.

I poked around and it looks like the eToyVersion:date: method was
replaced with methods in SystemVersion.  Try executing "SystemVersion
setVersion".  I don't remember if this was ever documented on the list
or elsewhere... probably the Swiki page about this should be updated at
least, assuming I'm not mistaken.  (The new method is a much more
appropriate name, IMO.)

On the other hand, since the release you downloaded is Squeak 3.2alpha,
you don't need to do anything to get into the test pilot update
stream... you're already there.  The reason that "update from server"
doesn't do anything from your image is because you're already completely
up-to-date; 4599 is the latest update right now. (new updates usually
show up every few weeks or so, though)

Hope that helps,

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com