[CVS]Anyobdy know how to mirror a cvs repository?

squeakmorph at yahoo.com squeakmorph at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 18:01:56 UTC 2001

Hi, Tim!

Essentially, you want to copy-mirror the CVS repository *itself*, not a
normal, checked-out tree.

Have a look at CVSup, a CVS mirroring utility, at
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/ or
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html.
The FAQ at http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html
indicates that you should be able to find Linux-compatible binaries.

You may also be able to use RSYNC.  See the "Using your own local CVS
repository mirror" instructions at
http://www.openssl.org/source/repos.html for how one project handles
this.

Go to http://www.cvshome.org/ for the most current manuals, downloads,