Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 27 18:23:15 UTC 2001

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> is widely believed to have written:

> a) You want to run OS-X right not that OS-9 and Code Warrior? Don't
> you have to pay for that tool eh?
It was paid for long ago and by somebody else anyway, so my issue would
be paying $120 or thereabouts for an OS upgrade. OS9.whatever is it
until somebody starts paying me.

> b) You need the Open/GL SDK See
> ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/opengl/SDK/ and get the
> OpenGL_SDK_1.2_Core.img.bin file first. That's only 2.8MB and I think
> that is all you need, since the full SDK is 40+MB. But if you use the
> Core SDK then you'll need to update your path information because the
> silly volume name is different.
I think I'll skip that pleasure and forget the plugin...

> c) Be a nice fellow and update the readme in the mac vm folder to
> talk about the Open/GL image you need
>
> d) mkdir(const char*,...) mmm seems this is one of those CW versus
> BSD issues, so change it to int (const char*, int), I'll consider and
> #ifdef
Sigh. Apple seem to contantly do this sort of thing. Move files, change
names, alter apis. I know they don't exactly have a huge installed base
of developers to worry about, but dosen't it screw up their own lives as
well? Bizarre.

> e) you need to build it with the internetconfigplugin, there is a
> change set on the list for that plugin if it's not in your image.
> Also a change set exists for the UUID plugin that you might need. If
> of course you don't build with those internal plugins then you need
> to chop them out of the CW project.
I guess I can ust drop this one too.

Is there any possible answer to my problem with the inititial {Projet}
path stuff? Or that something that one is supposed to intuitively
understand?

tim
Useful random insult:- Bandwidth limited.