[TECH] SerialPort info

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Dec 28 16:12:42 UTC 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:49:18 +0100, Bergel Alexandre <bergel at iam.unibe.ch>
wrote:

> I have already try to understand the BotKit system. Smalltalk method are directly bound to Visual Basic functions (ActiveX). It is not platform independant because it runs actually only under Windows. I would like to access the serial for communicating directly to the RCX.

Okay, that sounds fair. Do you know you are actually talking to the serial
port? Can you hook up another machine, and talk between two Squeak images
using a crossover cable?

On Windows, the serial port COM1 is port #1 in Squeak. On Linux, for me at
least, it was port #0.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com