[FIX][VM][UNIX] vmPath (was: "Re: [BUGS] Looking for plugins (Linux)")

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 29 06:07:21 UTC 2001

Joern Eyrich wrote:

> fix (context diff) is attached.
Thank you!

> I don't like that the result has a slash appended (plus, it's
> inconsistent with SystemDictionary>>imagePath, which doesn't the
> trailing slash), but the source file loading mechanism seems to rely on
> that (SystemDictionary>>sourcesName); If I would leave out the slash and
> change the image accordingly, other platforms would probably break.
> There seems to be a bit of confusion about the source file name anyway,
> FileDirectory class>>openSources:forImage: seems to expect just the file
> name, but is passed the absolute pathname.
> anybody knows what's *supposed* to be going on here?
Not me. Every time I look at it it seems to have been changed again.

> btw, what do I have to do to be able to check in files into the SF CVS?
Well, technically, get added as a suitable developer in thr SF project.
Politically, I think we're trying to keep the number allowed to write to
a minimum to avoid any chance of rampant alterations. Some people also
seem not to like the idea of 'their' code being altered by other people.
Me, I'm more than happy for people to improve code I write. Sometimes I
even learn something from it!

tim