[BUG] User-Agent: Squeak 1.31

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue Feb 6 10:22:28 UTC 2001

Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> Actually, that's only a minor nit. The real problems in that method are
> in its error handling code.
> If anybody touches that method, it should be cleaned up a LOT. The last
> few lines are horrendous...
>
> I can do something in the network error handling area, but not today...

I've been working on a rewrite of the whole IP related stuff on and off
for a while now, maybe someday I will actually finish it ;-)
Things partly done:
- protocol handlers instead of subclasses of Socket
- client and server classes (e.g. FTPClient, HTTPClient etc)
- error handling through exceptions
- transparent usage of the netscape plugin api if running on a browser

Michael