3.0gamma files available on UIUC

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Feb 14 05:47:14 UTC 2001

>As was pointed out a number of days ago, the code in the welcome window
>
> Project fromUrl:
>'http://www.squeak.org/Squeak2.0/2.7segments/SqueakEasy.extSeg'.
>
>opens a new project, but you can't click on the messages in the list,
>which means you can't play the game.
>
>I spent a lot of time trying to debug this, but I wasn't even sure how to
>create a new world.  If you call
>  SqueakEasy open
>
>You get a walkback.  Come to think of it, I couldn't figure out how to
>copy and paste a walkback into an email message.
>
>Boy, am I in trouble. :)

Not at all.  Thanks to everyone who is trying stuff out.
Better now than after the release, and all that.

I'm getting some useful work done while everybody gets in trouble,
then Wed night I'll try to fold all your suggestions into one
last pass so we can have a day or two to beat on that one as well.

	- Dan

 -- "there's no debugger in Peoria"