[BUG] Exception handling

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Feb 7 01:32:12 UTC 2001

Folks,

I just found another really ugly bug in the exception handling stuff and I'd
appreciate if somebody could give me a hand. Here is how to reproduce it:

Object subclass: #TestClass
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'test'

TestClass class>>init
	"TestClass init"
	Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self.

TestClass class>>startUp
	self tryToOpenFile.
	self halt:'should stop here'.

TestClass class>>tryToOpenFile
	| file |
	file _ [FileDirectory default readOnlyFileNamed:'this file does not
exist']
		on: FileDoesNotExistException do:[:ex| ex resume: nil].
	file ifNil:[^self].
	"otherwise we'd do something here"

Once you execute TestClass>>init it should - after saving the image -
attempt to open a file, fail, and proceed. However, as you will notice it
will *not* run into the halt after trying to open the file. Something's
seriously broken here.

[Note: I run that from within a 3.0 image, e.g., from Morphic]

Any help is *greatly* appreciated,
  - Andreas