YOU CAN HELP [was: Re: New 3.0 gamma image available for test]

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Feb 16 02:37:40 UTC 2001

Yoshiki -

>  Attached is a revised version of MovingEyeMorph.  (At the
>time I wrote it, there was no EyeMorph in the base
>image...).
>
>  File in the attachment and evaluate the following 5 lines
>in a Workspace.
>
>    left _ MovingEyeMorph new openInWorld.
>    right _ MovingEyeMorph new openInWorld.
>    origin _ 482 at 34.
>    left position: (origin + (77 at 74)).
>    right position: (origin + (129 at 76)).
>
>  The default extent 26 at 33 of MovingEyeMorph is based on the
>size of mouse in 3.0gamma2.  "origin" is the position of the
>FlashCharacter and the "77 at 74" and "129 at 76" is the offset
>from it.  Then you may want to embed those eyes to the
>FlashCharacter.

It seems that the animation stops as soon as I embed the eyes.  I could probably figure out how to get it stepping again, but there is another conflict.  One of the nice things about this flash character is that you can rotate it and scale it without loss of resolution.  The ideal solution would be to do your stepping trick with the two Flash items that represent the eye dots.  Then one could rotate and scale it, and still have the magic following eye property.

If we don't figure this out, I might put your eyes on the screen and let the user place them over the mouse without embedding.  It's fun to do, so it involves the user.

Thanks for responding

	- Dan