Zooming interface

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Fri Feb 23 04:49:22 UTC 2001

	So my claim here is that via what libraries are for, it should not be
	difficult to find out what has existed over the last 40 years, nor
	should it be difficult to get it. Compare this with other fields, the
	relatively small amount of stuff done since 1960, the tremendous ease
	of copying using xerox machines, video tapes, digital media and
	communication. If you can't find it readily then there is something
	wrong with the larger university processes re computer "science" (and
	I suspect there may just be).

Can you say

 - funding cuts
 - skyrocketing journal prices
 - a dollar that catches cold every time America sneezes?

I knew you could.  The will is there, the skill is there, but the money ain't.