[BUG] Low Space problem in 3.0 (and 3.1.3696)

Ted Wright wright at en.com
Sun Feb 25 22:16:35 UTC 2001

Bob Arning <arning at charm.net> wrote:
>It is perhaps regrettable that we do not have better error handling when low space happens, but as it could happen just about anywhere, it may be a difficult problem to deal with neatly.
>
>...My advice is simply to increase the memory allocated to Squeak as a way around this.

What would be involved in adding a way to allow Squeak to request (and use) more
memory from the host OS? An automatic way to give memory back (maybe after a
full garbage collection) would be nice too.

If these were optionally implemented primitives, they could just fail and Squeak could
have the current behavior (if the VM did not support them).

Ted Wright	mailto:wright at en.com