[BUG] Browser layout problem in 3.0 (minor)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Feb 9 19:02:38 UTC 2001

Bob Arning wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:33:31 +0300  mdr at scn.org (Mike Rutenberg) wrote:
> >If you open any of the various method browsers while the annotationPanes preference (in browsing) is checked, the annotation pane has only a very thin one pixel colour bottom border.
>
> Mike,
>
> There is a one-pixel black line on the bottom for resizing the annotations pane. Are you seeing something in addition to this? Could there be some combination of preferences you use that contribute to this?

I think maybe Mike was wondering why the border below the annotations pane was only one pixel thick, while the other borders in SystemWindows are mostly two pixels thick.  I think this was intentional... the two-pixel borders represent a "primary" resizable border, which drag along any adjacent one-pixel "secondary" borders with them.  The secondary borders are also resizable, but they will not affect the position of any of the primary borders.

Also note that the border above the instance/?/class buttons is only one pixel thick for the same reason.

Jesse Welton actually implemented this stuff, but I'm guessing that this is the idea.  (I just made up the terms "primary" and "secondary" above.)  IMHO, this resizing behavior is very cool!

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com