Lost in Squeak world....

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Feb 12 04:30:41 UTC 2001

On Sunday 11 February 2001 20:20, Rick wrote:
> Well, I think I understood the usage of  "self changed:", and I added this
> line with the correct selector just below the line that adds a new element
> to the OrderedCollection, but the pane is still not updating, can't guess
> why :(
>
> I started my project copying the PluggableFileList class renaming it - this
> window is the closest one to my aim - and then began modifying all
> necessary to fit my needs. VolListView is unchanged. FileListView is
> unchanged. In fileList method I added some lines in order to display just
> the file names, not date etc... In fileListIndex ( renamed to fileListIndx
> and copyed into my new class) I made a change to add the fileName to an
> OrderedCollection instead of opening the file, and added the "self changed:
> # editar" line - that is not working. And I added a pane like follows (the
> one that should display the OrderedCollection):
>
>  editionView _ PluggableListView on: self
>   list: #editar
>   selected: nil
>   changeSelected: nil
>   menu: nil.
>
> The editar method just returns the OrderedCollection, that is defined in
> the initialize method and initially contents a single line, just for
> testing. When the application window is opened, editionView is correctly
> displaying that line, but when I click to select a file name in
> fileListView pane, nothing happens... I know that the file name is being
> added to the OrderedCollection by inspecting it.
>
> What is wrong? I can't guess  :(

We can't see your cde, but you have to make sure that when you click in the
fileListView pane, your method that adds the file name to the editionView is
actually being called. Have you tried a "self halt" in that method (I'm
guessing that it would be the method #fileListIndx: )?

Note that you have to supply two methods for selection: one to return the
index value, and one that is called when you click on something. (probably
#fileListIndx and #fileListIndx: in your code).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com