`just slow it`....

Hans-Martin Mosner hm.mosner at cityweb.de
Sat Feb 10 08:13:47 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Marcel Weiher <marcel at metaobject.com> wrote:
> > - The world menu appears after 2-3 seconds, sometimes not at all.
>
> Wow!  I haven't seen anything like this.
>
> > - Hitting close-boxes on windows also has a significant delay
>
> Well, that *is* a big graphics update.  Also, it involves switching to a
> new window usually, and several kinds of windows are slow to switch to.
> Change Sorters are especially bad.
>
> >   - sometimes takes several times to finally close
>
> Wierd, never seen that.

I've seen that same behavior on Linux in MVC. Seems to be Delay-related. It
also happens when I'm scrolling, which also involves delays. It often
happens after I interrupted a socket operation with a timeout, such as
waiting for a network fetch. I have not yet been able to hunt down the
cause. Saving the image and restarting brings responsiveness back to
normal.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin