Preliminary release of Squeak3.0 available for test

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Feb 5 01:59:10 UTC 2001

This is sort of a long shot, but do you have your Windows display set to 8-bit color (256 colors)?  What is the exact nature of the black rectangle?  Is a regular Windows window (about 900x700), but its contents are black?

I noticed that this 3.0 image is set to 16-bit color by default, and wondered if that would cause a problem for people with their OS set to 8-bit color.  (It works fine this way on my Mac at home, though.  Also, I think having the image set to 16-bit color by default is a good idea, if it doesn't cause this kind of problem for anyone.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com