[BUG] __be_os

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Feb 16 08:57:56 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Just exactly what version of what IDE is supposed to be used to compile
> squeak on a mac? Yet again, I tried with the 3.0 stuff to generate a vm
> to test out a new 3.0 version of the exception handling stuff and it
> simply wouldn't cooperate. Aside from the beos stuff, the old complaints
> about the true/false enum, assorted library names and so on came back
> up.

Tim,

There are a whole bunch of changes that are Carbon-related (I think). You
have to dl the Carbon SDK from Apple and place "Carbon Libraries" in your CW
folder. That seems to help a bit.

If you add an Access Path (prefs) to that folder before the path to MacOS
Support, then you'll also get the newer version of file headers that are
needed too.

Then I got a bunch of file-related errors and problems with the
SecurityPlugin, but that might have been my fault, I didn't have time to
look into it.

I can verify that I also get these true/false problems, which I solve by
removing these defs from myMacHeaders.h

I also tried compiling a Carbon version using OS-X ProjectBuilder (the free
tools from Apple, gcc-based), silly me.

I think we should perhaps create a separate Carbon "platform" to make it
possible to use the free OS-X tools, there seemed to be quite different
include file requirements compared to the standard 3.0 sources. Hopefully
that target should be possible to use also with CW.

Also, does anyone know what cc flags the OS-X tools use to identify
themselves with?

Henrik

PS. I will be off line for a week from now.